It’s going to be a busy day and you won’t have time to cook at the end of the day. Instead of ordering pizza or getting take out, why not consider a crock pot meal? With a small bit of preparation you can have a healthy meal ready for your family right when you walk in the door.
We’ve been using this recipe for ages and have loved it for almost as long (after all the tweaks). We’ve finally settled on a basic recipe which can be varied depending on what is on hand. Generally, we only change the meat, or the form that the tomato sauce and chilies are added, but it’s pretty much the same each time.
Easy 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Chili Recipe
- 1-2 pints of canned ground beef OR 1.5 lbs browned ground beef
- 2 quarts of home-canned beans OR 8 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1/4-1/2 cup chili seasoning mix, or Lawry’s taco seasoning, to taste (Lawry’s can be salty, so keep that in mind)
- 15 oz tomato sauce + 1 half pint of home-canned jalapenos OR 2 cans RoTel
- Water, for thinner consistency
Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. If you are putting this meal on before work or an all-day outing, add a more water to your ingredients so your chili doesn’t burn to the edges or bottom of your crockpot.
Top with grated cheddar, sour cream, fresh tomato, fresh onion, or serve over corn bread.
What is your favorite crockpot meal?
Homestead Barn Hop, Backyard Farming Connection Hop, Tuesdays with a Twist, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Mountain Woman Rendezvous, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Simple Living Wednesday, Create It Thursday, Homemaking Party, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, The HomeAcre Hop, Fresh Bread Friday
Get My Posts by Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Podcast | Bloglovin